TWO-WAY BILINGUAL IMMERSION (TWBI)
Applications accepted for the 2019-2020 school year for TK, Kindergarten, and First grade (Spanish assessment required after first grade)
An impressive and unique opportunity to learn to read, write, and speak naturally and fluently in two languages: English and Spanish are the target languages for the program.
- Incorporate Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math (STEAM) as part of its curriculum in all grades.
- Completing K-8 provides a pathway to students for the CA State Seal of Biliteracy on high school diploma.
- Cognitive, academic, and economic benefits; socio-cultural awareness; and higher standardized test scores with increased appreciation for our multicultural world.
- Join an amazing community of fully credentialed BCLAD teachers
- Camino Parent Group who actively raises funds to provide extracurricular and enrichment programs.
Benefits of Second Language Learning
- Boosts brain power by recognizing a new language structure
- Memory is improved as the more the brain is used, the better its functions work
- Benefits higher order, abstract and creative thinking
- Improved decision-making ability
- The first language is improved
- Performance in other academic areas is enhanced
- Promotes cultural awareness and competency
- Expands career potentials
- Builds self-confidence/enhances a student’s sense of achievement
For enrollment questions or concerns, please call (408) 225-5675 x312208 or by email infoTWBI@ogsd.net